Wishin and Hopin

Trip Start Nov 30, 2005
Trip End May 13, 2006

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of New Zealand  ,
Thursday, March 23, 2006

Here I am waiting in Limbo. What am I waiting for? The weather to clear up so I can go skydiving! Unfortunately my luck isn't with me at the moment. The weather hasn't been so good and in this adventure capital of the world- a lot of things depend on the weather. There is an incredible big long hike that I was planning on doing today but it is closed because of the rains. The skydiving was cancelled yesterday- cancelled again at 8:30 this morning and now I'm booked in for 1:30 and I'm crossing my fingers.

But if not- thats okay- I will save myself 150 NZ dollars (about 100 bucks).

I went sledging the other day which was so much fun. Hopefully most of you recieved the pictures that I sent out. The rapids were great and it was almost like going down them just swimming! But the board that you ride on is definitely not too small and if you do run into cliffs it would bear the brunt of the hit. But there were no problems like that. Instead the guides taught me how to do some tricks and surf in the waves. I had a great time.

Yesterday we went to some awesome geologic thermal places. We saw a geyser go off and then I did a big walk around this national park. It was sort of like yellowstone. There were lots of heated thermal pools- over 200 degrees celsius. The rocks were crazy colors too from all the different minerals.

After that we drove on- I climbed up a pole and jumped off with a harness on- its called the giant swing-- that was pretty cool. Then we saw a waterfall and then the skydive was cancelled and I probably should have just bungy jumped instead but I am still holding out trying to skydive.

Last night the group went out for drinks and that was good fun. It was nice to mingle and get to know people. But its very open ended- so you have different people on your bus everyday. Most people head south from here and I'm heading back North. Where I go tomorrow it supposed to have some great surf. Until then.... I'm praying for clear skies and jumping out of a plane at 12000 feet!
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: