A tour of the Clinic and a Party

Trip Start Apr 20, 2012
Trip End Sep 01, 2012

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Uncle Pete's House
What I did
Montana Equine

Flag of United States  , Montana
Friday, July 13, 2012

After a tapas filled sleep-in we were up and out the door in pursuit of coffee and a bakery. Tim remembered a certain bakery near to Montana State University and a Coffee Shop in the same neighborhood, so while Uncle Pete slept, the Kiwi Heidmanns went off to Granny's Gourmet Donuts for a fresh baked start to the day. This is a charming and long-standing institution in the area and we picked out a dozen donuts and the kids each got to ice and sprinkle their own delectable donut. We got to chatting with the baker and he gave us two more donuts, what he called their classic. They were simply lovely, light and flaky with just the right amount of crunch and were what we would call old-fashioned in style. Energized by the donuts and coffee, Kiwis went shopping and Uncle Pete went back to the clinic, on his day off as this is the busy season and when you're the boss and the top dog, you need to be available. It also worked out very well because we were given a tour of his clinic and met several of the staff members. It is pretty impressive to see what his hard work and efforts over the last 5 years has produced. He has every reason to be proud, and as someone who has visited over the last 5 years, there continues to be improvement. Uncle Pete has surrounded himself with talented, hard-working people who all buy into the mood and ethos of the business and he has clearly earned and won the respect of his staff and is a kind, thoughtful and supportive employer.
Anyway, we were treated to a view of the surgery, saw a bunch of different sick horses and Eli had his hand ultrasounded. Lily was fascinated, and Eli was quite content to play with the 4 different dogs that were running around the barn. Uncle Pete had to finish up, and there were some more errands to run in order to get ready for tonight's (keg) party. We all pitched in together to tidy up the backyard, make a couple of salads, get some replacement sausages for the ones Sadie-Sue the dog ate and tap the keg; just to make sure the beer tasted ok. All was good and in readiness and then people started pouring in and we relaxed, ate, visited and hung out with some good Montana Folk. The kids were polite and charming (we continue to be so proud of how they have handled themselves in so many different situations) and we all had a good time until the later hours of the night.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: