Trip Start Sep 01, 2011
22Trip End Sep 18, 2011
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
Never, never and I mean never go to Budapest after Vienna (did I already say "never"?).
Let's say so.
- roads are really good. And I'd dare say that in cities asphalt quality is even better;
- prices are a bit cheaper, esp. for food and accommodation;
- old Empire did really much to cajole rebellious magyars so the city looks much like Vienna now with great sights on both banks of the Danube river.
- dust. red-brownish dust is everywhere: on roads, on cars and even inside showcases of stores. in the end of the day we were dusty as hell, esp/ our feet. Yarynka's socks needed immediate washing after the walk, first time in our trip;
- prices vary significantly from place to place. and that means up to 5-10 times considering the place of sale. the road tax is a bit higher than in CR or Austria;
- Empire DID build a lot here. but there's a strong feeling that after everything was built, the masters passed away and everything was left. though there is no such vandalic destruction as in Ukraine, but everything looks a bit... abandoned. here I mean old Habsburg districts in Pest in the first place. tourist places in Buda look perfectly fine.