Trip Start May 25, 2009
Trip End Sep 30, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Greece  , GR.,
Saturday, September 12, 2009


We are prohibited by the police to go home.

Although we left Thasos island early in the morning, we are delaying because we are told that Evia has flooded and it is in a state of an emergency.

We have come here to Kamera Vourla where I am writing this, and Yianni is on the phone with the police. In the beginning – some hours ago there was no answer at all.  Everyone was out helping.  The last 45 minutes we are told to wait, and wait.

Yianni asks a friend of ours to check on the house.  He is driving there now to see and call us back. We are in agony.  I hope to hear good news though!

We don't know much of what is happening, and my daughter and son keep calling us to give us the latest news and pictures as they see it on TV.

I try to forget the incident for a couple of minutes, and I take a couple of photos from the round area until we get that phone call telling us that everything is ok.

Kamena Vourla is a tourist costal area.  Both Greeks and foreigners visit it the whole year round.  A few kms from this village there are some hot springs as well.

In the area there are a couple of campsites, although I don’t know if campsites are so popular nowadays since hotels were not very expensive, at least this year!


The house is ok!  My God…we are at ease now, but still worrying as to what we shall find on the way home.


Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


starlagurl on

Oh my goodness...
Stay safe, Popi!

My thoughts are with you *hug*

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: