The Coast of Zoumberi - Attica
Trip Start Apr 24, 2011
78Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
There are lots of beach clubs and small taverns by the coast –have in mind that it is not the cheapest alternative though. With this bad situation and the shortage of money many Greeks take along their stools, umbrellas, snacks, coffee, even cold water in ice boxes and make it to the nearest beach to cool off .
The ones with small children are out trying to find shelter under the shade of trees or bushes that might be around and spend endless hours by the beach
There is nothing else to add here but what I can do though is to give some tips that have to do with beaches, cost, things that should be considered before setting out to one. They will probably help you avoid unpleasant surprises.
Have in Mind:
• If you have your own private means of transport, then it is preferable to choose a more distant beach location.
• If you wish to enjoy your swim at a quiet beach, then do not favor those beaches in close proximity to Athens.
• Greeks do no visit the beaches early in the morning
• Choose weekdays for your outings. The majority of people visit the beaches during the weekends.
• Wherever you choose to visit, calculate the travelling time required, the time of departure, and the traffic on the roads.
• At the organized beaches, charges for the services offered are considerable. Entrance fees range from 4-10 euro. Umbrella rental is approximately 5 euro, and 4 euro per sun chair. Parking fees may also apply.
• In close proximity to many free access public beaches, you will find snack bars and canteens.
• The canteens and refreshment stalls at organized beaches, and not only, have very often more expensive rates for their products
• Bus and tram timetables are relatively frequent, now in summer. Buses timetables are not that regular. Before you start out, be informed of the timetables for the routes required: