Our wonderful vacation is coming to an end...

Trip Start Jul 02, 2011
Trip End Jul 12, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Bed and Breakfast on the Park

Flag of United States  , New York
Tuesday, July 12, 2011

After getting a good nights sleep, we woke to another wonderful breakfast at the B&B.  Today we had crepes, fresh fruit compote, scones, yogurt, granola, juice, tea or coffee.   The guests at the B&B had lively conversations during breakfast about what each of us did yesterday around Brooklyn and NYC.  It was amazing that another couple ate at the Chip Shop last night as well (a to go order).  They enjoyed the food and were equally impressed with the restaurant. Today is going to be a very hot day in NYC - temperatures will be in the mid to high 90's with humidity.  Others were heading to Coney Island; thought it would be a good relief from the hot day.  We, on the other hand, decided to hang around in the neighborhood and to have lunch with Sarah before we headed home. 

We made sure that were had our luggage ready to go. Linda, the manager of B&B on the Park was kind enough to let us keep our bags in the room until mid afternoon, as they didn't have another couple coming in today.  We were very fortunate and very grateful.  We grabbed the map of Prospect Park and headed across the street to go exploring. The park was larger than we realized, and reading the map at times seemed confusing.  We became lost a couple of times in the very humid and extreme heat. This was a very poor choice on our part. Don't get me wrong, the park was beautiful - it had a nice size lake with some swans, lots of open area with grass and trees;  but, it was difficult  to enjoy in the heat.  We finally made it to the botanical gardens - we got in free, but didn't stay too long to enjoy it because of the heat and humidity (we are desert people that are use to a dry heat). Sarah met us, well, actually saved us, and we took a car back to her apartment to cool off for awhile. 

After resting, we walked to Fonda Mexican Restaurant.  The food was good, but the service was not the greatest.  We walked back to the B&B to get our things, so we could head to the airport. We said our good byes and headed off to the airport in a nice car service (it was very clean and air conditioned).

We had no problems getting to La Guardia and flying to Las Vegas.  Both of our flights were uneventful. Greg actually slept most of the way home.  It is always nice to go home and go back to sleeping in your own bed; I don't think any of us are ready to have our vacation come to an end.

Back in Vegas, Yay! Sleep!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: