A Day in Cozumel, Mexico

Trip Start Jan 13, 2008
Trip End Jan 20, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Mexico  ,
Saturday, January 19, 2008

Last night Michael began feeling a bit whoozie, and it seems to be carrying over to today. So most likely, we'll take it easy in Cozumel today. Just a little shopping and a brief walk is pretty much all he can stand.  
As we exit the pier, we're herded through a mall that looks very American, so much so that we don't stop at any of the shops to view the merchandise. Down to the street level we all go to check out a better variety of goods. It seems Arlette and Ma-ma are on a mission, in search of particular items to bring back to family. After all, this is our last port and last chance to find some gifts that represent the places we've visited. 
The six of us walk slowly past the shops on the main thoroughfare, stopping every now and then to take a closer look at the goods. I'd love to rent a jeep or a moped for the day and escape the shopping scene. But Michael doesn't seem up to exploring so we'll have to stay close to the ship. 
A few hours into our shopping journey, Michael is ready to return to the ship, but the others are still enjoying the day. So Arlette and David go on ahead, while Ma-ma and Pa-pa stop to rest their feet. They assure us that they will be able to find their way back to the ship in case David and Arlette don't return soon. We believe them, and wave farewell as we make our way back to the ship. 

It's a lovely warm day, so instead of resting in the stateroom, we decide to go on deck and catch some sun rays. An hour and one pina colada later, we go back to the room to freshen up and find out if the others have made it back on board. No word from them, and Michael is still feeling queezy. I however, am hungry. So I tuck him in and go down to dinner alone.
I decide to try the French specialty restaurant. Although I don't have a reservation, I am able to get a table for one. My waiter, Michael (how ironic is that) seems to be feeling a little sorry for me that I'm eating all alone, but I assure him that I'm fine. I order a nice chardonnay to accompany my escargot and duck l'orange, then follow it up with crème brulee. Tre bon! A delicious meal.
The ship's art gallery is just across the way, so after dinner I stroll through and view the cornucopia of art there. Nothing strikes my fancy. I'm pretty sure Michael is fast asleep by now, and I'm not the least bit tired, so I head over to the theatre to catch the show. It's a variety show featuring the ship's crew performing dances from their native countries and a few other specialties. They're all very good. Finally, I go back to the room to check on my sweetheart. Hopefully, he'll be feeling much better tomorrow.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


jules224 on

We are taking the same crusie next week and this blog has been the est source of info I have found yet! Fun to read and see your family.

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: