Taking on Chicago...

Trip Start Sep 27, 2013
Trip End May 27, 2014

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Illinois
Saturday, September 28, 2013

I woke up at 6:40am made myself an everything bagel with homemade vegetable cream cheese. Greg woke up around 8:00am. We then took Ky to the dog park down the street for a solid 45 minutes. She played with over a dozen dogs all of which were very friendly. It was amazing the friendliness of the people. Next to the field where the dogs ran around were tennis courts, lets just say Ky got a glimpse of what heaven looked like. Haha After dropping ky off at Scott's apartment we hopped on Divvy bikes down the street. It's the greatest idea ever. We paid $7 for a day pass for 2 bikes. The catch is you have 30mins to make it to the next bike station otherwise you have to pay $8 if your a minute late. Once you make it to the next divvy station you lock your bike in and put a new code in, which they give you when you swipe your credit card. There's a bike station always within a 5 minute bike ride. We rode to Lincoln Park and rode the Lakeshore trail along Lake Michigan. The park had a great view of the city skyline. From there we made our way to Millennium park to see THE BEAN! Lets just say I couldn't wait. We finally arrived at Millennium park and there it was...nothing at that moment could have taken the big smile on my face away. It's always been on my bucket list. As with any attraction came tourists which was complicated getting photos but we made do. When you stand under the bean it's awesome how the reflection messes with you. After we left the bean we needed coffees so we went to the nearest Starbucks and used the gift card my friend Harry gave us. From the Starbucks we walked to meet Scott to go on the Architecture Boat tour. We got there and tickets were sold out for the 1:00 tour so we got tickets for the 2:30 one. While waiting we decided to eat at Big Bowl Thai. I had a chicken curry dish while Scott & Greg had large bowls of soup. Once we finished we rushed back to the river where our boat was waiting. The architecture tour was amazing. It was a great way to see the city & learn about the buildings. While on the tour there was a helicopter that had a camera on the front of it which was for the filming of Transformers 4. It kept diving down in between buildings and then going back up really quickly. After the tour we split with Scott so we could continue to bike. He took the train back to his apartment. We told him we'd meet him at home in an hour to go to dinner and what not. Lets just say my navigational skills were about an hour off course which means we saw Scott TWO hours later not one. Oops. Greg wasn't impressed haha On a positive note we got an extra hour of cardio in. :) Once we got back I was exhausted but determined to get dressed up and go to dinner. Greg let Ky out and Scott, Greg & I walked to dinner. I love how you can walk to everything. We walked a mile and half to Atlas Brewery which had a restaurant also. They had a great menu. I got chicken tacos with rice and Greg ordered an angus burger with pear. He said it was out of this world with the pear & the homemade fries were awesome. After eating I could not keep my eyes open. We had intentions of going to a bar afterwards with Scott to meet his friends but I couldn't imagine walking a mile out of the way to have a drink and then to walk back to Scott's apartment. So, I asked Greg if he'd be okay with having a drink on the walk home and then going home to sleep. We stopped at a bar that had a Breckenridge Vanilla Porter which is Scott & Greg's favorite from the brewery. Once again Scott & Greg shared stories of their time in Breckenridge. You could tell Scott was getting the itch to go back. He kept saying "you're going to have an amazing time. Take advantage of everything the town has to offer." I think he'll be coming to visit in February during his spring break. :) Once again we made it back home around 11:30 and all I could think about was sleeping. My head hit the pillow and I was out. Before falling asleep I asked Greg to give me a foot massage because my feet hurt from everything we did all day. :) He's a great boyfriend. Tomorrow we'll be heading to the badlands which is a 15hour drive. We won't make it there tomorrow so we planned on camping somewhere for the night possibly Sioux Falls, SD. Bye bye Chicago...
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: