Trip Start Sep 08, 2011
85Trip End Jan 08, 2012
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
1) If there is blank wall space, fill it with a picture of the King or Queen, or, ideally, both.
2) Remind everyone that, seemingly, every multinational based in Bangkok sponsors Man Utd – then fill every available space not carrying a picture of the King or Queen with Wayne Rooney or Ryan Giggs.
3) Bangkok is owned by 7 Eleven – who do not have pictures of the Royal family or Wayne Rooney on their walls.
1) Tuk-Tuk drivers are mad. In case you don't know what a tuk-tuk is, it’s a motorised rickshaw. They will head unerringly for gaps that any sane driver, including Thai taxi drivers, might think twice about.
2) The conductors on the express boats on the river are mad. As the boat approaches the pier, they jump on to the jetty and tie off the boat while it’s still moving. The effects are two-fold. The boat, admittedly it’s trying to slow down, is dragged back to the pier as the rope tautens and then eventually slams into the jetty. Did I mention that it’s a floating jetty? Well, what that means is that the people standing on the jetty are knocked off balance as they’re basically standing on water. It’s only a matter of time before someone falls in – and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone, the river looks pretty foul.
3) The pavements are... insane. This is the first country I’ve been to where the pavements are not used for walking. If you want to walk somewhere with purpose, you have to walk in the road with the heavy traffic. Why? Because the pavements are occupied with stalls selling their wares, be it food, clothes, shoes...
Other than that...all good.
My Review Of The Place I Stayed