Trip Start Sep 12, 2007
27Trip End Nov 22, 2007
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
- I left Prague on a train around 10:00 am, and there I met Lionelle, a French-Canadian girl who was also going to Cesky Krumlov for a day trip (crazy! The trip from Prague to Cesky Krumlov takes about 5 hours!). As we had to wait for a connection in Ceske Budejovice we decided to go for a beer and ended up getting 3 pints in about 15 minutes.
- Useless to say I always have stupid ideas when I get some beers... I ended up giving up the idea of getting on the next train to Cesky Krumlov, said goodbye to my French-Canadian friend and got on a local bus to the Budweiser brewery (the original Budweiser beer is brewed in Ceske Budejovice). Well, to make a long story short, I got off the bus about 5 km after the brewery and took me about 1 hour to get back there. Once there, the visiting facilities were closed and as I tried to get in the factory I was escorted by some security guards. Very polite security guards, I must say. They kindly asked me to leave the premises (I'm guessing that as they spoke only Czech!) and escorted all the way to the street.
- After the issue at the brewery I finally got onto the train to Cesky Krumlov around 6:00 pm but that ended up being a horrible experience too. They were fixing the railway in some points so we had to change from train to bus to another bus to train to bus to train before getting to Cesky Krumlov. At 8:30 pm I was finally checking in in the hostel (Krumlov House - great place!). After getting some food at "Two Mary's" I tried some night shots with my camera. In spite of my lack of talent they ended up being quite good.
- Still in Cesky Krumlov. I used the morning to do some daylight sightseeing (Cesky Krumlov is so nice! Sometimes I had the feeling I had gone back 500 years in time) and to answer some emails and do some phone calls.
- In the afternoon my friends Justin and Kelley arrived from Prague and we strolled through the city for a while (hey, they have real bears in the castle!).
- At night we had dinner in my favorite restaurant, "Two Mary's". It was so cozy and picturesque!
- We did some more strolling and had lunch in another very interesting restaurant. It was some kind of cave dug in a basement. Really cool! I had a real pork knee, with all the whistles and bells!