Day 4

Trip Start Jan 11, 2011
Trip End Jan 28, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Mexico  , Yucatan Peninsula,
Friday, January 14, 2011

Well, i am late on this one. Can almost guarantee this will be the shortest yet, as i am doing this Saturday morning, (note: And finishing Saturday night)

What did we do yesterday?

Well, first thing, breakfast was (once again) at the buffet, and it was good. Next we laid on the beach, had some drinks, listened to the ocean. It was very relaxing. We did do two things that we have not done yet, (and no, it was not golf.)

First, we went and visited the SPA at around 3pm. Stacie got a facial, and i got a massage. Was it ever nice. We were in the same room together, and the time flew by. Next thing i know, time was up, and it was time to get dressed. Stacie thoroughly enjoyed her facial, and the massage was very nice.

Next was supper, at the Japanese restaurant (Mikado) and that was absolutely amazing. The wait was about an hour, but i would defiantly do it again. It was a dinner and  a show. First, we were seated at the table, 4 per side, 3 sided table. The waitress came and took our order. We did not choose an appetizer, choose a soup and then our main dish. Next, came the cook, to to cook in-front of us. He did a little show, with his spatula and fork, then it was on to the cooking. He put out the rice, and vegetable's to cook while we got our appetizers.

The appetizers were a mix of everything. It had some salmon on a little salad, California rolls (or what looked like them), a cook shrimped on rice, and battered fried eggplant. Stacie enjoyed all of it. I tried the salad, California rolls, and the eggplant. It was good. Did not care for the California roll, but at least i  tried it.

Next was the soup. We got a choice of 2 soups, one was fillet of fish in some sorta soup, and the other was called "Who the heck knows". Both Stacie and I ordered "Who the heck knows" and neither of us were really fond of it. Next time i go (which both of us will) i think I'm going to pass on the soup.

The main course was a choice of boiled rice, or fried vegetable rice, and a choice of Marinated beef, Teriyaki chicken, or shrimp. Stacie ordered a mix of all three. I ordered a mix, no shrimp. Big surprise. Well as we ate the appetizer, the rice was finished being cooked. When that was done, we got a little fun.

The cook would ask a person to open their mouth. I was the first. The chef got a piece of egg (for the fried rice), and flipped it to me, for me to catch in my mouth. I caught it. It was awesome. He went around the room, getting it in the first 3 people, missed the next 2, then it was Stacie's turn. Well, she got it. A couple people declined having it done, but it was alot of fun.

Next came out the soup. As I said before, not a big fan. While eating the soup, the chef started cooking the meat on the grill, and put some spices, etc on it. He would add soya sauce, and say something like Coca-cola, or tequila, it was awesome.

After the soup was gone, the food was cooked, and it was time to eat. The chef would fill our plates in front of us. It was an awesome experience. When the food was served, there was a little left. He would offer more to anyone who wanted it. Some took, some did not. Some people did not finish their plate. It was an excellent dinner, and i would rate it 10/10 even though there was some stuff i did not like, it was DEFIANTLY worth going.

After supper, as we were getting ready to leave, we were asked if we wanted desert. We all said no, but thanks go out to Granny, who asked what desert was. Well, it was fried ice cream in chocolate sauce. Well, thanks granny, and we all said yes to that. We got moved to another table, as they needed that one to start the next seating. WE were moved, and given menus. I ordered the fried ice cream, and Stacie ordered the breaded fried banana. Both were absolutely amazing. Would defiantly go back, especially because I was a retard, and FORGOT the camera. So sorry, no pictures from this one today.

After supper, we went back and played cards, till about 9:30. Stacie got cold, came back and put a sweater on (even though it was 15 above) and we went for a crepe. It was delicious again. Defiantly going back every day around 930 or so.

After that, relaxed and had another drink or two, and the day was done.

*I noticed, going through the pictures, i forgot to talk about the house cleaning. They have done an ABSOLUTELY Amazing job, and have left some awesome towel animals here. I will attach the one from today for you.

*This was finished the evening of the next day.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: