Biking in the Peak District
Trip Start Apr 30, 2006
12Trip End May 14, 2006
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
From Matlock I biked (again in the warm sun) just past Bakewell (about 12-15 miles one direction).
- stop at Haddon Hall
- biking along farms and fields and views of the Derbyshire Peaks
- Bakewell - stop at pub for a pint of bitter and the famous Bakewell pudding
May 05 - Chatsworth House
- Auntie, Carmel and Kevin drove up into the Peak District to Chatsworth House
- Owned by Duke/Duchess of Devonshire - just an amazing place - really is a palace - Pride and Prejudice setting here for several scenes in movie
- Magnificant gardens - maze + waterfall + rock + statues etc - several encounters with wild peacocks
- Amazing Derbyshire countryside view - seems fake, like a painting - didn't realize that anything so real could see soo fake!!!
- deer park