Day 26 - Amsterdam to KL

Trip Start Apr 20, 2009
Trip End May 16, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Malaysia  , Wilayah Persekutuan,
Friday, May 15, 2009

Noni set her alarm for today and so I didn't set mine, however I believe that 7am was far earlier today than it normally is and didn't wake up to her alarm. Nor did I wake up apparently when Noni said "Fiona, wake up". I did wake up when she started ticking my feet. We were quite organised and went down to the street to wait for the airport shuttle bus in plenty of time. And waited, and waited. We informed reception and they promptly called the company to yell abuse at them and the company assured reception that the shuttle was on its way. While we waited, we observed a man use his horn excessively while he waited for a crane to lift something in place. I pity all who were attempting to sleep.

The shuttle did come and it wasn't too painful to get to the airport. When we estimated what time we needed to be at the airport, I had told Noni estimates of time based on my previous experience at Amsterdam airport - one of these was to allow 1/2 hour for passport control. Noni, using her EU passport perhaps took 5 minutes through the control and waited at the other side for me to gloat how little time it took and how 1/2 hour was a poor estimation, however she got to wait another 25 minutes for me and even though it sucked taking that long, I do like being right. Thankfully, bag security check was localised to the gate and I didn't have the trauma like on the way though of being stuck there while my flight was closing. So all was good and we were on our way!

I really wanted to sleep on the flight, really really really as I kept looking at my clock and telling myself "its 1am" but my body said "No, in Europe its like 7pm and you are not tired). So I watched movies (ummm The Reader, some japanese one and a bugs life), 5 episodes of the simpsons, 2 documentaries to try and get me to sleep and talked to Noni. And of course they fed us. When we got off the plane, we had to fill in a declaration declaring that we didn't have pig flu and this was even for people such as myself who are still in transit and not entering KL... oh well. They determined I didn't have pig flu so I was allowed to enter the terminal where we are drinking iced coffee and waiting for more shops to open. Noni will be leaving me shortly after a little shopping as she has like 13 hours until her flight whereas I only had 4. I must also somehow stay awake as it is officially day in the region now and I must inform myself that during the day, one stays awake. It is not really 1:30 in the morning as there is sun outside. Awake awake awake....
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: