Day 19 - Umm Dublin, London, Linz

Trip Start Apr 20, 2009
Trip End May 16, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Sommerhaus Hotel

Flag of Austria  , Upper Austria,
Friday, May 8, 2009

It was quite good we had an early night as we had to wake up at 6am and so got a taxi to the airport as suggested by the hoteliers. At the airport, Noni was given far too much bacon in her roll and so I opted for the brie and cranberry roll. A rather unfortunate thing was having to walk from the terminal to the aircraft as it was exceptionally windy and the wind was stingy and icy. The next unfortunate thing was having to repeat the process when getting off the airplane in Stansted, London except this time with hail and rain thrown into the mix. We had 5 hours at Stansted - time to catch up on the blog, read and be all blah until the flight from Stansted to Linz.
I don't think Stansted to Linz was particularly eventful - nope, nothing. When we got to Linz, the next shuttle to the city left in 50 minutes, but we spoke to a lady and she orgaised a short shuttle to the train station and then a train to the city - this was both faster and cheaper than the normal airport shuttle. We didn't have much time to drop off our bags at the hotel (the one which I stayed a night in before and that Noni had been living in) because a dinner at a Mongolian BBQ restaurant had been organized and we needed to meet people at the tram stop.
The Mongionian BBQ was awesome, more awesome than any I had been in Australia - there was an entrée type table with desserts as well as sushi and fried num nums and then a whole table filled with different meats (umm steaks as well like beef and squid, crocodile, ostrich, kangaroo, cuttlefish, normal fishes (salmon and white), normal meats... it went on) and salad table. You also didn't put the sauce on yourself, you selected the sauce by putting a coloured bulldog clip on the plate and give it to the chef who cooked at their leisure and brought it back to the table. Needless to say, I ate too much. We then visited a bar as the restaurant closed at 11pm but that was less enjoyable as everyone smoked, there were exhaust fans which helped when they were not smoking but that wasn't very often... We excused ourselves at about 1:30am after they had all started on their second pack of cigarettes and discovered that the trams were still running. When we got back to the hotel though, I felt all dry and yucky from the smoke and so stayed on the internet until the wee hours of the morning.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: