Trip Start Jun 07, 2010
17Trip End Jun 23, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Did you know?
- Parrot Fish and some other varieties of fish can change from a girl to a boy!
· Clown anemone-fish can change from a boy to a girl!
· Many species of coral will look completely different from one another, just because of where they grow up. One species of coral, for instance, could look like a plate if its polyps, or one single coral animal, grow in one place, but could look like a bunch of fingers clustered together if the polyps end up somewhere else. Also, the same species could look purple or green or orange, because their color is determined by the algae, a type of plant, that grows on them.
· Some sea cucumbers are brown and look like poop!
· Sea cucumbers are related to star fish.
· In the whole world, there are 7 types of sea turtles. Six of them live in Australia!
· People have named the Maori Wrasse "Wally" because he is so friendly. He is so big, he bigger than a dog!
· Remember Nemo? He's actually likely to come chase you and bite you if you get too close to his nest!
· Damsel fish change colors when they are flustered. By simply waving your hand around them, they will turn from blue to green, and even to white sometimes!
· White-tipped SHARKS are common on the reef and we might possibly see some.