Trip Start Feb 10, 2011
Trip End Jul 29, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Indonesia  , Bali,
Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It took about 3 hours to get to Tirtagangga but we stopped at a waterfall on the way where Sally said we could have a swim. Sounds pretty chilled so we were all up for it. We drove down all these tiny rugged roads to get there, felt very rustic! We got out and had to walk about 30 minutes to get there - we were basically at the top of a cliff so had to scrabble down steep slopes and enormous moss-covered steps, it was really scary! Sally decided not to come on this walk so it me, Bluebell, Matt and Byron. We struggled to the bottom and then realised we had to cross a fast-flowing river, we could see the waterfall in the distance, it was a big'un and thought we had a short innocent walk to get to it, error! We waded across the river, the current was pretty strong though and I lost a flip-flop, it went a few metres when I dived after it - I ended up crashing in the water and hit my shin on a big rock! I have a nasty bruise to prove it. Luckily, I rescued the flip-flop. Anyway we had a massive ordeal and had to cross 2 more patches of river, when we stumbled more times over sharp rocks. Then we had to walk through knee deep mud and through shoulder-high bushes. Matt had to swing me and Bluebell over his shoulder for some parts of the water, it was hilarious! We got right up to the waterfall, the spray was like heavy rain, there was absolutely no chance we could swim in it though unless we wanted to get crushed!! Not really sure why we went there! So we had to do the trek back to the top.

We arrived at Tirtagangga when it was dark, we had dinner and went to bed. Although it was rubbish night's sleep. The room was boiling at after 5am, there was noisy motorbikes and the sun was glaring in.

We only had a few hours here. So we all went to the Water Palace. Apparently some prince or something has these gardens with all these water fountains and flowers and also 2 swimming pools with natural spring water from the mountains. The fountains were lovely, but the swimming pools were disgusting!! I mean the water was really clean, but the pool itself was made of stone and has since become covered in algae and the surface was slippy and there were random fishes!

We had to leave that afternoon for Ubud. We stopped off at a temple and bat cave on the way.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html:

Table of Contents