Steak and wine every night...mas o menos
Trip Start Jul 08, 2008
13Trip End Jun 30, 2009
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
- Combining wine tasting with a bike ride and acquiring our own moped riding security guard who tailed us, complete with flashing orange light, to make sure we got back safely.
- Eating too much red meat (they don't do much else to be honest) and dulce de leche (aka boiled condensed milk/the toffee bit of banoffee pie) in and on everything.
- Surviving a 25 hour bus journey that included a two hour wait for a mechanic, who, when he arrived, spent less then two minutes fiddling with the engine before sending us on our way.
- Marvelling at the beauty and power of Iguazu Falls and managing to visit Brazil and Paraguay in the process.
- Encountering 150 'Buddy Bears' in Montevideo, each one painted to reflect a different country.
- Mastering the tango...well, eight steps...and getting sore toes.
- Watching in awe as gauchos galloped towards a suspended one inch ring and try and spear it with a something the size of a pencil. These guys clearly spend too much time on their own in the middle of nowhere to make up games like this...
- Cringing at copious mullets, rats tails and dodgy facial hair which, in our opinion, belong firmly in the 80s.
So that's it. It's all over. We've had a great time and seen and done some amazing things. We hope you've enjoyed reading our blog and seeing what we've been up to. Tomorrow we fly back to London and the real world...