Sun, sand and salt
Trip Start Jul 08, 2008
13Trip End Jun 30, 2009
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
- Having completely irrational thoughts at the end of a three hour walk through the rainforest upon finding that our boat wasn't where it should be. Even though it turned up half an hour later Emily had already rationed our jam sandwich and dwindling water supply, just in case...
- Our jungle guide managing to spot all number of nocturnal animals, including tarantulas and monkeys, in the pitch black but completely missing the biggest frog and spider we've ever seen during a day time canyon walk.
- Watching Kamal sprint after a departing night bus, faster than he has ever run on a hockey pitch, to retrieve our bags.
- Spending a ridiculous amount of time trying to perfect 'persepctive' photos on the salt flats, rather than just enjoying the scenery around us.
- Watching sunrise from a hot pool in the middle of the desert when it was a chilly minus five degrees outside.
- Trying our hands at sandboarding in the Atacama desert with limited success.
- Observing once too often the need of Chilean couples to demonstrate their affection for each other with vigorous displays of pubic kissing. The parks and subway trains where one thing, but the checkout aisle in the supermarket was just too much.
- Being serenaded by the dulcet tones of Michael Bolton at seemingly every public venue we managed to pass. What can we say, the man is obviously still a legend round these parts.
Tomorrow we're off to Argentina for the final month of the trip...