Yes We Can
Trip Start Jul 08, 2008
13Trip End Jun 30, 2009
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
- Sharing a very drinkable $2 bottle of wine in LA with our friend Freddy. Seriously, it actually tasted nice!
- Desperately clinging on for dear life on the side of one of the famous San Francisco cable cars (trams) while descending large hills in the pouring rain.
- Completing another fairly sizeable road trip (2500 miles) taking in four states and such things as Death Valley, Grand Canyon, the Hoover Dam, Yosemite National Park, and Route 66. Fortunately with petrol about 40p a litre, this didn't hit our wallets too hard.
- Learning how to snowboard in fresh powder at Lake Tahoe while definitely being out-shone by children hardly out of nappies. Saying that we managed to avoid too many bruises and no broken bones but Emily still chuckles to herself every time she remembers Kamal having a brief encounter with a tree.
- Switching to skis for our last two days on the slopes and spending the first run giving a near perfect impression Bambi on ice having completely forgotten what to do.
- Staring in wonderment at the enormity of the Grand Canyon despite having yet another sunrise at a World Heritage Site dampened by clouds - here's hoping Macchu Picchu will come good for us...
- Being dazzled by the bright lights of Las Vegas when staying in the uber-kitsch Caesar's Palace with a view from our window of the strip and a 20 storey high picture of Donny and Marie Osmond.
- Seemingly making every gambling faux pas possible in the first minutes of being in a casino, but enjoying playing a little blackjack and roulette without blowing the South America budget.
- Watching an incredible Cirque De Soleil performance of a show called 'O'. We highly recommend it if anyone ever gets the chance to see it.
So now we head to the final continent of the trip to enjoy our last three months, starting in Peru...