Animals, sand and the bits in between
Trip Start Jul 08, 2008
13Trip End Jun 30, 2009
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
- Kamal doing a bungee jump (but only after bottling it on the first day) at Victoria Falls and whitewater rafting down the Zambezi
- Being poled through the Okavango Delta in wooden mokoros and then having a sing off with our guides. Their singing is on our film (which we'll load up as soon as we can). We sang Bohemian Rhapsody badly. They won.
- Tracking an elephant on foot to his favourite watering hole
- Eating ostrich, zebra, crocodile, kudu and warthog - ostrich is highly recommended!
- San Bushmen showing us how they use the land to live, but then admitting that they drink beer and smoke cigarettes from the local shop
- Watching the sun rise halfway up a huge sand dune - climbing up is harder than it looks, hence only being halfway up
- A very fast walking guide showing us round a bit of the very dry and very hot Namib desert
- Quad biking on the crest of a dune in Swakopmund, Namibia
- Elephants, lions, rhinos (charging hyenas by a floodlit watering hole), water buffalo, giraffes but alas no leopards to complete the big 5 or cheetahs
- A township tour in Cape Town and a visit to see the great man's former cell on Robben Island
- Cage diving with great white sharks (which are far more placid than they're made out to be in Jaws!)
- Climbing Table Mountain in the midday sun, cursing the steep steps, vowing to get fit and then enjoying the view from the top!
Tonight is our last night in Africa before we jet off to SE Asia to begin our next adventure...bye for now...