Day 2

Trip Start Jun 22, 2014
Trip End Jun 27, 2014

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Tennessee
Monday, June 23, 2014

Day 2

We took off from our hotel this morning around 9:30 hoping to arrive at our destination around 12:30. After morning breakfast and a swim for Kaleb, we were ready to see Grandma and Grandpa Boehringer.

Kylee was out within minutes after getting on the highway. Kaleb was enjoying the ride watching the mountains get bigger and bigger as we drove. A slight miscalculation from Jodi on the navigators seat took us 10 minutes out from our destination. After a course correction we finally arrived in Pigeon Forge to meet up with Jodi's parents.

After a few minutes of catching up, we headed towards the entrance to The Great Smoky Mountains! The first 10 minutes were beautiful and very scenic. As we drove through the dense vegetation, out of the blue The city of Gatlinburg came into view. The drive through town was amazing. There will be tons of things to keep us busy. At the edge of town, we made a right turn and so began a whole new adventure.

Not even a minute into the upper portion of the mountain, we were driving slow with some steep hills. We stopped at the Chalet Village office to get the keys to the house Ray had rented and suddenly a few things came to mind; 1) one wrong miscue and we would be dead 2) our car us never going to make it up 3) it's a long way back down and 4) WHAT THE HELL WAS RAY THINKING!

After 15 minutes of extremely steep cliffs and roads we made it to the very top. Somewhere along the way, I stated to Jodi that the winding, narrow, steep roads reminded me of our trip up the mountains in Jamaica! The only big differences were the roads on the Smokies were in better shape, goats were not attached by their leashes along side the road, and I was driving this time and not some maniac looking for a good time.

Once we arrived at 2429 Park Lane Drive, the house and the view were gorgeous. We had about an hour to unpack and tour the massive 4000 square feet home. We still were waiting on Jamie, Jennifer, Brycen, and Jayce to join us. We decided we would head back down the mountain to get groceries. As we left and began using several gears to save our breaks going down, I suddenly began thinking, this time aloud, WHAT THE HELL WAS RAY THINKING!

Our trip down was eventful as we hit a huge thunderstorm. That was a great time! During this time, Jodi's sisters began the trek up the mountain. We got our groceries and headed back up to the house to relax for the rest of the night. Again, the first part was easy but the second part of our hike was as insane as the first time. This time I couldn't stop laughing thinking how ridiculous and risky each trip up was going to be. We arrived, unloaded groceries, caught up with Jamie, Jennifer and the boys. We ate pizza, went hot tubbing, played a little pool and just relaxed. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


Jodi Kramarczyk on

Let's rephrase this - not after MY recalculation did we steer off course, after neither of us were watching closely enough to spot 66 did we end up going off course by less than 10 minutes.

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html:

Table of Contents