RV Baby!

Trip Start Jun 15, 2007
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed

Flag of United States  , Washington
Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Oh dear God! The journey to Seattle was a nightmare! The silly bus driver went the wrong way twice and made us 2 hours late getting to Seattle. That meant we were an hour late for picking up the RV so the owners had to wait around for us for an hour. They were really good about it as we were both so stressed out. The RV is cool! We stocked up on food and then stayed at Lakeside RV Park as we were too worn out to drive anywhere. The couple who own the Park are very nice and helpful people as we are RV virgins!
The first day in the RV was my birthday! Ed made me breakfast in bed and then we hit Seattle! We went to the aquarium and saw some cute fish and some seals and sealions. It was cool and a really nice way to spend my birthday! Then we went up the obligatory tower to watch the sun set over the city. Another amazing sun set and cool sights when the city lights up for the night! Ed took me out for dinner which was very nice, then we headed back to the RV and to Walmart car park to camp up for the night. We checked with them and they were very accommodating about letting us stay in the car park so we parked up and then hit the beer and wine as a birthday celebration!
Yesterday we headed back into Seattle and went to the famous indoor market where they sell huge fish. They also have some typical gift stores too. We went to the first ever Starbucks on the way back to the RV - it is very different to most of them as there are no indoor seats. They have made it quite commercial and a touristy place rather than a coffee house.
We visited Electro Impact today too to see the American side of the business. We also saw the Boeing factory and some huge Beluga (copy) planes. Then we set off for Portland via Mt Rainer National Park - huge mistake! Because October is classed as winter the main road through the park was closed at the 3/4 point so we had to turn around and come back the same way we had come in the pitch black, rain, snow and around hairpin bends. Not the best way to spend the night! We finally got to Portland at 3.15am.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: