Trip Start Sep 02, 2012
84Trip End Oct 27, 2012
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
- Retired August 31, 2012;
- Drove to Dallas, OR to help mom & dad finish settling into their new retirement apartment, and helped sort/get rid of a lot of old excess "stuff" - very productive week;
- the weather was stunning the entire week we were in Oregon! low 90's every day with clear blue skies; very unusual for western Oregon in September.
- stayed at mom & dad's old home with Susann's brother Phil all week; had fresh picked, home-grown corn every night / DELICIOUS!
- our cat Jake went with us and he acclimated almost immediately to his temporary home in Oregon;
- mom & dad's new apartment is very tiny; we hung personal photos for them, helped them set up book shelves and got to know some of their neighbors;
- mom is doing much better with onset of Parkinson's / new med's seem to be helping a lot; her Mac Degeneration is still an issue but she deals with it very well;
- got to know the Dallas Retirement Village, eating their with the folks every day and met/had lunch with Walt & Sally Schroeder who live there now; old family friends from the 60's in Florence, OR;