Hot Springs, a Live Volcano and Pampering!
Trip Start Oct 13, 2004
23Trip End Jun 21, 2005
1.Getting to see the Volcano spew lava and molten rocks and then getting to see them explode into lava streams/trails after rolling quite a way down the Volcano's face.
2.The most amazing hot springs ever. It makes Banff and Fairmont look pretty lame. The hot pools are natural pools in the river as are the falls, the river is actually a flowing hot spring. Bonus, they are mineral pools without the high sulphur content.
3. The swim up bar. Salut!
4. A morning at the Spa, Hot Stone Massage/Facial and a VERY Deep Tissue Massage.
5. Exploring the pools with kids.
7. 2 for 1 Happy Hour at the Hot Springs Bars, pretty much all afternoon.
8. The Hot Fudge Desert, we also tried Tres Leche a typical Costa Rican Desert that was very good.
Spendy, relative to our trip, but with all you get for the price of the room, Full Buffet Breakfast, Fresh Squeezed Juices, and free access to the Hot Springs, it was a really good value.
The drive from Monteverde to Arenal was again not one you'd want to be in a hurry on. The trip took us the better part of a day with one major stop for a couple of hours at a series of Waterfalls along the way. We arrived at Tabacon Hot Springs just in time for dinner. After eating in the Main Restaurant at the Hotel I'm glad we did not miss out on dinner. I had the Grilled Prawns on the first night and the last night and they were fantastic. The service impeccable and the live music thoroughly enjoyable.
The next morning we headed off to the Hot Springs and boy were we surprised
What can I say, yet another completely different experience
1. Sipping a drink in a hot springs while watching the volcano erupt - where else on earth, could you be doing those things simultaneously??
2. SPA DAY at Tabacon Hot Springs Resort and Spa. A little pampering is always good for the soul!!!!
1. Ty's "Fire Ant Incident" (more on that later)
Mount Arenal: Tabacon Hot Springs Resort & Spa - first rate, upscale resort with every amenity. Prices seem high by Costa Rican standards but we found exceptional add-in value (hot springs, pools, great breakfast) Spa prices very reasonable by NA standards
1. The many pools, especially the shallow kids pools
2. Exploring the pools
3. Swimming between the Bar Stools in the pool
1. Having a Shirley Temple at the swim up bar
2. The water slide in the bar pool
3. Exploring all the pools
1. The fire ant incident while hiking to the waterfalls
1. The water slide pool being empties for maintenance on our second day...
2. Thus not being able to have any more drinks at the swim up bar