"Exploring South America in Peru"

Trip Start Unknown
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Peru  ,
Friday, July 24, 2009

I left at 6:00am from Nashville, Tennessee and arrived in Lima Peru on April 18th at 10:45pm, with all of my girl friends family waiting eagerly to meet me for the very first time.   Now they Are all from Peru, but my girlfriend lives in Tahara City Japan.   So she flew in the day before I did from Japan.  But I was worn out and to tell the truth it was one of the shortest flights I have been on in a long time.  But the screaming child in the seat behind me made it feel as though I was flying into P.E.K Beijing China.  Lima Peru is on the same time, so at least I did not have any jet lag to deal with.  But as I shook hands and met everyone I was very eager to get a little rest because I knew we was traveling to Cusco the next day.  So instead of checking into a motel we all sat in the airport drinking coffee and chatting and getting to know one another, and of coarse I spent time with my girl friend because of the 5 month separation we had faced.   
  So around 4:00am we went to the gate of flight 75 from Lima to Cuzco Peru.  I was eager to see Cuzco because I have herd it was like a metropolis that has stood still in the doom of time for the last 700 years.  So we took our seats in the waiting area and then we all caught about an hours sleep then we bordered the small plane and off to Cuzco. 
  After about a 55 minuite flight we landed at the small airport and hair salon (Just joking about the hair salon) and that is how small this airport really is.  So as the plane came to a stop we all stood up to gather our carry on bags and they opened the front and back doors to the plane.  Within 2 minutes of standing up waiting desperately to get off this crowded plane, my lips became numb, my fingers started tingling, and my head felt so light and was quite dizzy.  "I thought to myself,,,,,,Cool, I like this feeling"!  It was like having a small buzz from a glass or two of wine, I never dreamed altitude sickness would set in so quickly, but by the time I walked from the plane to the inside of the airport I was so fatigued and gasping for air.  I didn't think I was going to be able to handle it.
  But my girlfriend quickly told me everything was perfectly fine and she looked at my hands and they had red dots all over them, so she suggested I take it very slowly.  Lilly, my girl fiends sister-in-law  was suffering worse than I was, but we managed to get a van and off to the sellmay hotel we went.  By the way I highly recommend the sellmay Hotel to anyone traveling in this part of the world, they were great, and the food was wonderful, staff was wonderful, just not enough good things to say about the "Sellmay Hotel"!
  As we walked in it was a bit chilly and they quickly got our bags took us to the sofa and had us all hot coco tea from the coco leaves.  Well it did not cure the altitude sickness but it sure is full of natural fiber, so future adventures "Be ware" of coco tea! 
  Well we went to our rooms and they were small but quaint enough for sleeping and what ever else a couple traveling to a romantic city might need a room for, but not to much on the luxury side I will have to admit.  So we arrived at around 11:00am on the 19th and at 2:00pm we had a walking tour of the city with a guide named Freddy.  My girlfriend by the way is from that part of the world so she is used to the high altitudes
Slideshow Report as Spam
Where I stayed
The "Sellmay Hotel
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


Reba on

Words can not not explain what going through my heas, as i look a these pictures all I can say is: BEAUTIFUL!!!

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: