Trip Start Jul 30, 2008
21Trip End May 02, 2009
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
It has indeed been an adventure. I have learned a lot from this trip, and had a pretty good time. Mostly, I have learned to appreciate where I live and what I have, and the happy and uplifting people in my life.
To conclude this journey, I have put together some reflections, thoughts and ponderings from this experience and past ones:
* Always show your appreciation and gratitude.
* Call it like you see it.
* Think before you act, before you react, before you speak.
* Give people the benefit of the doubt.
* Look at the big picture.
* Live and let live.
* Shit happens; roll with it.
* (Some) People are strange.
* Expectations lead to disappointments.
* You're not going to like everyone, and not everyone is going to like you.
* Don't take life too seriously.
* More love; less hate.
* Oh, the games people play.
* Karma can be a bitch.
* First impressions aren't necessarily lasting impressions.
* Never say "Never".
* Maximize life.
* Stick up for yourself.
* Patience is a virtue, but patience has a limit.
* Be caring.
* You can't always get what you want.
* If you make a mistake, admit it.
* You choose your own path.
* Trust and respect are two things that are earned.
* Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.
* You don't have to take crap from anyone.
* If you don't have a sense of humor, you have no sense at all.
* You just can't see it all.
* Don't hold grudges.
* If you are unhappy with your life, then change it.
* Don't ever let anyone tell you who or what to be.
* Appreciate what you have.
* Sometimes you just have to suck it up.
* You can choose your friends, and you can choose your family.
* Compassion is key.
* Remember to smile.
* Power, greed, and control will kill us all.
* If you can help someone out in a small way, do it.
* To help get thru life, take deep breaths.
* Ask questions.
* Be humble.
* Be happy.
* Life is what you make it.
* Sometimes the truth hurts.
* Give back.
* Be kinder.
* It never hurts to ask.
* Perception is not everything.
* Assuming makes an ASS out of U and ME.
* Look people in the eye.
* Things always get better.
* Before you judge or draw conclusions, put yourself in that person's shoes.
* Learn from the past; live for the moment.
* You pack it, you carry it.
* Fold and roll.
* Listen more; talk less.
* Jealously can sure run deep.
* No matter how tough you think you have it, there is usually someone else worse off.
* Focus on the positive.
* Take time to smell the roses.
* People make all the difference.
* The world is definitely pink.