Trip Start Feb 21, 2013
Trip End Jan 02, 2014

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Philippines  , Visayas,
Thursday, June 13, 2013

Once again I was to set off from Bohol on what was to be one of my more quicker journeys but as you know from my entries by now! What should run smoothly never really does. My original ride lacking honour, changed his mind due to the last minute increase in price he proposed that I refused to pay, so I had to seek transport elsewhere.  Elsewhere came in the form of Dorothio - Dots to many of his friends and his form of transport, which was a motorcycle. I have a 17kg backpack plus rucksack, so my question to Dots was quite simply; how was this exactly going to work? Well as crazy as the idea was, I ended up sat behind him on the bike with my bloody 17kg backpack on and mini rucksack plodded between his legs, cruising down the highway. Now I had to sit really still and make sure that the weight distribution was even as leaning to one side would probably topple us over - If my travel insurance had a head it would be shaking it right now! Still we were moving forward and after all the earlier transportation rigmarole I feeling good about a journey with no problems - until........

Flat tire! Which was luckily dealt with by a Vulcanising shop we so happen to be near by. So we had Dot's wheeling his bike along, with me walking with a 17kg backpack and a motorcycle helmet down this lost highway, with onlookers  staring in wonder. After some twisting and turning of screws and knobs, we were off!

Only to get a second flat tire 5 more minutes into the journey. This was looking like one hell of a day. Again we were even close this time to another vulcanising shop and this time Dot's got the shop to replace the tire altogether with a spare he had on him. After another 15 minutes we were once again off! As I was sitting there on the back of the cycle, I prayed that we would finally be blessed without interruption. Also it was getting on a bit and I was slightly concerned about time. We eventually got there, said our goodbyes as I'm sure the tire fiasco probably bonded us in some shape or form and then it was to the ferry. The ferry ran smooth and the details of where my hostel was proved to be accurate. 

I decided that it was best to stopover in Cebu for the night to make sure I'd be on time for my flight the following day to Borocay Island and stop over I did. Although it was a very modern hostel, I wasn't going to stay there all evening, so being a five minute walk from the main mal, it was time for MAN OF STEEL. A most deserved way to top of the day
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: