Trip Start Feb 21, 2013
Trip End Jan 02, 2014

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Sri Lanka  ,
Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It's amazing when travelling if you can bothered to get up early enough, how much you can get done by say; 12pm. Anyway I met Hannah at 2pm to set off on a 15minute journey to Galle. Heard there wasn't much but when constantly around the beach, not much can be a lot. Galle itself seem moderately vibrant and had these cute little back streets that reminded me very much of Carnaby street back home. The lighthouse was ventured and the it's textile quarter. Most people were friendly and were very curious about me and why I was here. Something I found interesting and believed at first I wouldn't was the gem and rune stone polishing outlets. I even got to have a go at it and was given a free rune stone in good gesture. A spot of lunch in the form of a Thai, mango prawn salad went down a treat and I was liking Galle so far. Time flew, so it was a quick trip to the local station to enquire about the train back to Columbo tomorrow, then home. I love the beach but at the same time I really did appreciate the trip out to Galle. Maybe its the city boy in me or maybe just that day I fancied a change.

In the evening I met up with Joe and Steven. We decided to head up to the temple that resided on a cliff at the other side of the beach. The waves came crashing in, in addition to the thunder storm raging! Which resulted in Joe and Steven backing their pants! What a bunch of wimps lol
They made the journey there very amusing. We eventually got there, trailed up the Temple of Doom type steps, that led to an amazing view of our beach area but quite a disappointing view of the temple itself. Buddah was in scaffolding. Still a pic is a pic but in the end we found more interest in a group of dogs who in unison, looked up at the sky, then started to howl. I think it was a weather indicator. I suppose with the thunder and rain that followed later, they ended being more reliable than Michael Fish.

We headed back down for beer and fro locks! And beer and fro locks is what we got. Next to me I even bought in Kate. An aAmerican who'd just arrived and looked sane enough to socialise with. In addition to reuniting with Maria, who I'd met in Negombo. Later that night it was me and Katie left to be joined by out guesthouse owner. He carried a bottle of Arrack a rum native I think to Sri and we were promised a good time on it. Suffice to say he joined us whether we like it or not. He was quite an eccentric dude actually. He came across a bit like a demented Basil Fawlty, with a slight drinking problem. Still he was kind. The rum should help me sleep, so off to bed
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: