Camped out in Camp in a car with two fellows

Trip Start Jun 22, 2006
Trip End Jul 12, 2006

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
South Pole Inn

Flag of Ireland  ,
Sunday, June 25, 2006

I slept in the car for two to three hours tops and spent the remainder of those early morning hours listening to Irish national radio with Dave and Shane. The music and company was good and I enjoyed relaxing in the front seat with Shane. He tickled my feet and stroked my calves (thank goodness I'd shaved the night before!) Eventually, at about 6:45 AM, I tried to get back in to our B&B but the door was locked (In order to keep out miscreant lovers/rifraff) so Shane called Rebecca on his mobile so she would let me back in. I feared encountering Pauline in the light of day would be beyond awkward but she was as pleasant as can possibly be under such embarrassing circumstances and her husband made himself scarce.

Rebecca and I took off hiking at about 9:15. Shane and Dave left at about the same time with Shane and I promising to try and meet up one more time before I left for Dublin! Today's walk was again blessed by our Irish fairy godmother with good weather and until the last hour or so, my body performed admirably - my knee was much better - only the soles of my feet were screaming out with vulgarities by the end of it.

We arrived in Annascaul at about 4:30 and immediately had a beer at our B&B. We were completely knackered, as our lively first two nights had finally caught up with us, and although we would've preferred to spend the evening on our own, we'd already arranged to meet up with Johnny (the Karma Sutra horse trader from the train to Tralee) that night. He arrived in the village soon after we did and we all had dinner together at the South Pole Inn. But the banter seemed forced throughout the meal and the two of us kept wishing he'd get the hint and consider the evening a wash-out. His skull was a tad thick so he didn't realize he'd worn out his welcome mat until after the bill came. But once he did, he scurried off and Rebecca and I were finally able to turn in at a decent hour for our kip. Sleep, tis bliss!

P.S. Shane texted me via Rebecca's mobile and I must admit to being smitten!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: