A Warm Welcome

Trip Start Jan 03, 2013
Trip End Jan 09, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Iceland  ,
Friday, January 4, 2013

We are officially in Iceland!! The plane wass a mess! This lady behind me coughed the entire time and when I say cough I mean COUGH! It was so bad my mom gave her a cough drop! but only one, which turned out to be a mistake because it got wayyy worse! even my new beats couldn't keep the horrendous cough out of my unfortunate ears! Then my mom started coughing and then she took my pillow and then it was crazzzy foggy so you couldn't see a thing and then turbulence picked up and I was so scared of dying so I just sat and prayed. Then I ordered some Icelandic lamb and that was good and it came with this coffee thing that had sugar and cream and this piece of chocolate, which I didn't realize was for your coffee even though it was in the empty coffee cup. So when I found out it was dark chocolate I couldn't resist so I ate it! Buttt then I looked like a complete idiot when the lady came to pour the coffee and I had no piece of chocolate and an empty rapper. Yikeeeess! But on the plus side we were in first class which was really cool I had never been in first class before. When we got to the airport in Iceland customs took maybee 30 seconds! Then we were so warmly greeted by the largest duty free store I have ever seen, we ended up getting distracted by all the yummy goodness it contained that we missed our luggage the first time around the carousel, but every piece of luggage did make it. We were greeted by our driver, don't expect his name I couldn't pronounce it even if I had practice! Once in the car I immediately realized the speed limit signs, it read 90. WHATTT?? I know its kph and not mph but still it was a very strange sight to see 90 on a speed limit sign. After about half an hour we reached the hotel, where we struggled with turning on the lights in our hotel room. None of the switched worked, at least that was our initial thought! It turned out you had to leave the room key in this slip thing and keep it there and then you could turn the lights on, something we were not accustomed to. After the test of the lights were solved we crashed and ended up sleeping until 1:40 orr 13:40 and found out our whale watching tour got canceled because it is too windy! Bummer soo we just grabbed a cup of coffee I got this amazinggg late macciato, my dad got ironically an americano, and my mom ordered this swiss drink, which turned out to be hot chocolate haha! Now we are off to shop!
Until next time,

Dad's perspective - The flight was great! If you don't sit in front of the coughing lady, you can sleep just fine! And, if you sleep through the turbulence, you don't even know it happened. Customs was a breeze, if in fact it existed at all. By the time I turned my head twice looking for customs, we had passed through it.

By the way, the driver's name was Jynugnfeldnfloss. Not sure why Kelly couldn't remember, or pronounce it!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


Mr Hoopes on

What a great blog Kelly! I felt like you were sitting next to me talking to me...I could hear the coughs, smell the hot chocolate and I feel a little tired:) Now where is that piece of chocolate?

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: