First day of work

Trip Start Sep 11, 2012
Trip End Sep 09, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Australia  , Victoria,
Saturday, November 3, 2012

ok this morning I had towake up nice and early as I had my first day of work... Bring on the money!! 
Its been the normal coffee breakfast before I made my way out of the house. Its to early I thought to myself and wondered why I took the job.... Remember Doreen you need the cash!!!
Slowly I made my way to the trainstaition. After a long boring hour on the train and tram I arrived at the Racecourse and walked to the check in. Thanks good their were a few others around as well who are going in the same direction. I just followed them and made a couple of 5 minute friends. 
Check in was pretty smooth and only than I was told what I am actually doing. I would be working in Chairmans which is the top class restaurant of the reacecourse. Well no pressure there! I am only looking after the VVVip's. However I had a little trouble remebering where I was going first... Remeber its still to early for me.
I made my way through to the Uniform and got my black tunik with golden edges. Its a nice Uniform and it had big Kangeroo pouches in the front. Enough space to store my stuff in though. I got changed and put the rest of my cloth to the cloakroom. As I didn't know where to go I followed one of the guides who took us to the right places. 
Mine brought me up to the check-in of the Chairmans. I was pretty early and John one of the Supervisors there took me down to the Staff break area where I had a little bit of time to chill out and have a coffee. John is a pretty nice guy and very chatty. I like him.
Back down to business I was back at the restaurant check-in to get my job assigned. For today I was just a spare and so I had to wait a little. With me were 3 others as well and we started to make a little fun out of it. We decided we are the cool kids on the block and help Leanne (she is checking in everybody) to keep the line in order. We all took it with humor and my first 45 minutes of work was standing around doing nothing. Pretty easy so far. lol...
Well eventually she asigned me to Louie. He is a section waiter and had 2 commis. All togehter we had 3 tables whith 22pax to look after. How cute!!! Anyway... First things first. I bomarded him with questions about the service, what are the standarts etc. I think he was a bit annoyed at the time but appreciated it though. Our first guest arrived a little late and so did our service. I can imagine the chef is not happy especially more than the half of the restaurant was still empty and only a few tables had ordered out of 100 tables. ooooppppssss.....
It all went very well and very easy. However everyone else seemed a bit stressed and not very smily. I made the effort to get a little laugher going and started to joke around with people in the kitchen. Eventually I got some smiles out of people as they saw me. That's good... but still strange. Anyway. I finished my pretty easy going shift at 5.30pm and I am happy with it. I had fun and enjoyed beeing back in the game of restaurants. Loving life!!!

On the way home I nothing much exciting happend and I had time to relax the evening...
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: