On route

Trip Start Sep 11, 2012
Trip End Sep 09, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Australia  , Northern Territory,
Friday, October 5, 2012

Today w ha a long drive. After we woke up at 6am of we had the usual breakfast. Shortly after we drove of down south.

Our first stop was at Mataranka Hot Springs. It was quite nice to go for a morning swim there. However this area is full of the Firefox which is a bat. Those flight around all the time which was pretty amazing to see. Especially our tour guide said before we might be lucky if we see one or two. Well we saw a few hundred of them if not thousands. Anyhow the chilling out morning in the thermal pools had to end and we kept driving on.
On our journey we stopped at on a road house which had a free zoo. Of course we had to stop there and look at it. It is a pretty amazing idea. All the animals living there are rescued once and will be released at a certain stage. Only a few a permanent residence live there. One of them is is Sam who is a salt water croc. The owner of the pup even fed him for us to show him of a little. Over there we as we'll had some lunch which was buffalo burgers today. Some very yummy once , too.

Our next stop was Daily Waters. It is the the oldest pup in central Australia. What to do there? The pup was so funny... Over the years people left some of their stuff there. So as you walked in you found t-shirts, caps underwear, driving licenses etc around there. Very interesting! I and Hanna as well had a pint of beer which was a must but it felt good after a long drive and hot day so far. On our way on we went a bit further down the road where we saw the "Stuart" tree. It is a historic tree which marks where R. Stuart pass by on his way from Adelaide to Darwin.

But shortly after you we went on to our camp site in Banka Banka. On the way we made a little stop at a sign which said "no fuel for the next 500km". This is pretty funny and amazing as it is the only one I have ever seen and 500km is a bloody long way.... At around 7.30pm we arrived at campsite and it was dark already. It was nice to drive in the dark but apparently it is dangerous as all the wildlife and cow, horses and what else is crossing the roads at night more frequently and you can't see them as easily as during the day.

At camp we got our dinner read and settled in to our tents. While the others started on dinner I went for a shower as no one wanted any help. As I was back from my shower everyone was prepping there sandwiches for lunch tomorrow and so I dived in and did mine, too.

For the evening entertainment we are chilling around a campfire but I think I need to top up my bug spray as they seem to like me at the moment.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: