The spanish visa experience

Trip Start Jun 04, 2013
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Kristina's apartment
What I did
Lakewood Church, Galveston Beach,

Flag of United States  , Texas
Thursday, May 2, 2013

The visa process has been crazy! Dakota and I drove all the way to Houston, Texas to turn in papers for my visa. We had a blast together. We sang at the top of our lungs in the car, made music videos, laughed to tears and had great conversation. We got to go to Lakewood Church, Galveston Beach, tour the city, make new friends and eat great food.
     All of that sounds great except for the fact that I went FOR MY VISA and when I went there I heard "I am sorry you need to come back next week." Obviously, that was not possible so I had to convince the woman to let me give all the papers to Kristina and bring up there another day, which is against the rules, but they let it slide. So the following week she took it up there about 1:15pm and the embassy closed at 1:00 pm. She stood outside the locked door and finally someone was leaving and she got in and said “please all I need to do is drop this off” and they said ok! So, the next month was very long and a crazy process of me calling the embassy every day and saying “what is the status of my visa” and them giving me a very rude comment back. By the embassy I have been hung up on, called names, and treated like a child. I turned my papers officially in on May 2nd and the visa process took around a month. I had originally booked my flight on June 12th to leave on Pakastani Airline to leave from Kansas City to Chicago and then to Barcelona. Everything seemed good, but then I realized that my intensive class I had to have for my student visa started on June the 3rd and only lasted until the 21st. So, I rescheduled my flight (with lots of hassile I might add) and finally got my flight for the 5th on a Wednesday with PIA. After a month or so of having this flight I get a call saying “Your flight is cancelled and you will need to rebook with a different airline or get a refund back.” I said okay great, well they are giving me the option to change days if I want, so why not leave earlier (the only reason I was leaving on that Wednesday is because it was cheaper in the middle of the week compared to a weekend) so I decided to leave May 31st and that way I can arrive in Spain on a Wednesday which would be easier on the family. 
     My visa was approved in Houston and I was beyond excited. I thought that was the end of it, and I was just awaiting everything in the mail. Well, then I called and they said well it needs to get approved in Houston and then approved in Spain and that could take weeks. Weeks that I did not have if I was planning on leaving as planned. So daily, I called the embassy, with the same response “Please stop calling, whenever it is ready we will call you.” Days past and my date I wanted to leave came on May 31st and still no word of the visa. I spend that weekend very confused and wondering when it would come. The airlines had to confirm a flight for me and made another flight for me on the Wednesday the 5th. At this point I wanted to leave the 31st, but then I was starting to wonder if my visa was even going to come on my actual flight date on that Wednesday. That Friday the 31st I called and they said it could take another week or 2, which originally was not what they said. So that weekend, I had a choice: I was either going to be miserable and worry all weekend about possibly missing my scheduled flight or I am going to just have faith knowing that everything works out. So, I choose to just let it be and know there is nothing that I could do and relax, enjoy my family and friends and be car less in Springdale (I gave my mom my car in Mtn. Home the week before). 
Slideshow Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: