Vegas, baby,vegas

Trip Start Sep 07, 2007
Trip End Jan 12, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Nevada
Sunday, December 2, 2007

This has been a very interesting week. Albert, of course, has been busy all day each day with his various classes at the conference. I, on the other hand, have been left to my own devices in this luxurious hotel. I've quite enjoyed hanging out in our room, especially since I got hit with 3 days of exhaustion from my CFS. (Look it up, if necessary.) I have greatly enjoyed that tub. I went downstairs and bought some yummy smelling bath salts to make it really nice. I have officially turned into a prune. Quite worth it. Other than that, I haven't done much. Did a little shopping, sat in the massage chair at Brookstone, checked out the pool and spa areas of the hotel...but mostly napped in the room. We've enjoyed breakfast and lunch together each day-compliments of the conference. At night, there have been activities. There's a huge exhibition hall with all kinds of vendors promoting their high-tech services and wares. Some of them are even useful to Albert and his work. Mostly it's just techie stuff, which meant nothing to me! They get all the AU attendees to come in by offering several stations with all kinds of free food, beer and wine. "Free" is always good, so we spent quite a bit of time down there in the evenings. Several of the booths have little activities to play with as well, and you can win prizes. We won some truly high quality stuff. Let's see... a yo-yo, some silly putty, a lot of pens...stuff like that. I got a pretty nice laptop bag/case thing, that should come in handy. The big event was Thursday night. It was the annual AU party, celebrating their own accomplishments, handing out awards, all that stuff. They decided to have it as an 80's-themed party. They encouraged people to dress up, and the best costume would win a free pass to next year's AU conference (an $1800.00 value! Not bad!) Virtually no one dressed up. The guy dressed as tennis great John McEnroe won. Then there were a few comedians. One guy was even pretty funny. And finally, an 80's cover band called Tainted Love performed. They were actually really good. We had fun grooving to all those greats hits from our high school years.
Today was nice. Albert only had one class this morning, and our flight wasn't until 4PM, so we had a little time to goof off together. We watched the gondoliers in the Grand Canal for a while, went back to that wonderful chair at Brookstone, then finally had a nice lunch. It's so neat how they have the place decorated to feel like your outside in a Venetian plaza. Clouds seem to move slowly across the sky, and street performers wander through, juggling and singing and such. We ate at an Italian restaurant that had a prime view of all these things. It was beautiful and relaxing.
So the painful part started at the airport. Our flight was supposed to be at 4PM, putting us back in Houston at 9:40 PM. However, our flight was delayed. Again, and again, and again. We didn't finally board until 7:30, and didn't arrive back at the trailer until 2:30 in the morning. Ugh. So today, we're a bit tired. We'll see what this next week  brings.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: