Airports, Airports, and Home Sweet Home

Trip Start Nov 03, 2011
Trip End Dec 10, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed

Flag of United States  , New York
Saturday, December 10, 2011

Around 7 am, I went to get my boarding passes.  It went OK except the questioning seemed much longer and more involved than usual.  And they didn't have any lost luggage forms available.  We searched for some food because I was craving eggs and I ended up with an egg McMuffin.  Shopping had no appeal but they did have some cute Bad Toro kids shirts.  Now I am on the plane with a window seat and 2 empty seats beside so I have an aisle too.  Juliet moved to her much-wanted window seat up front.

Where did I leave off???   With breakfast and getting the flight and having all that lovely space.  I got to sleep lying down across the three seats with a blanket and 2 pillows.  I slept for a while.  They had 2 meals and I ate like a human person again but did feel that Continental food hits the bottom of a culinary list.  Their turkey wrap didn't taste of turkey at all but I guess I should be grateful we didn't have to pay 15 euros for those meals.

After my nap, i took out the computer and downloaded select photos from all the sd cards I could lay my hands on easily.  That done, I rested again, tried looking out of the window to see that I was over the wing again.  How is it  that I actually pick these wing window seats??   Deplaning was very easily accomplished with so few struggle to get my bags to get off the plane. 

I connected with Juliet in the first area of the Newark airport and we went through passport control and baggage retrieval and baggage control together...all passed too smoothly.  No searches, no fines, no questions!   I did have to wait a bit to recheck my checked bag in the continental check-in area.  As I was leaving there, I found Juliet again....she had been trying to get an earlier flight to Hartford.  From there, we took the airtrain to the C terminal.   We started looking for where to go to the gates in the C terminal when I realized I didn't have my red tote bag.  Shocked into action...or hysteria...since I had switched the computer to that bag, Juliet and I tried to remember when I last had it.  Neither of us really remembered it on the airtrain so Juliet went back to the check-in point because I did remember having it there. 

Meanwhile, I went to an airport officer named Robertish, who was fantastic.  She alerted all the other officers, they started searching the trains, eventually they sorted out which terminal I had come from...because I told her the wrong letter....and found it at the check-in point.  Juliet asked them when she got there and snatched it away so she and I were traveling in opposite directions.  She could hear the announcements of directions to all the officers to attend to me as I made my way to the other terminal to retrieve the bag.  They were all so nice....and so efficient.  I can't believe I got it back.  I was very, very lucky.   Juliet then walked me back to the right terminal ... for me....gave me my three Tinga paintings and sent me on my way.  She went off to her terminal to wait for her flight.

After we parted, I made my way through another security where I figured I should take off my shoes....ooooh, I should have left them on and apologized for them.  I made it through...with all my belongings I hope and then found my way to the gate.  I ran to get something to drink and some coins for the phone to call Kara.  Hopefully my big bag will arrive in Albany.  I tried to skype Kara but can't figure out the internet here - it is Boingo again.  I can get connected I think, but cannot bring up any of the accounts, like my email, blog or facebook.  Only Boingo comes up.  Last time Newark had a free wi-fi that I actually used for awhile....bummer.

I bought a Sprite and got some change and used a pay telephone to call Kara.  All is set; she'll pick me up after her 6 pm appointment.  I waited at the gate and got onto the plane to Albany.  It has 2 sets of 2 seats - one on either side of the aisle.  I like this size because they have roomier overhead bins.  Found my big bag easily when I landed.  Waited for a bit by the window and saw Kara when she pulled up.  I got home fairly early - hugged Omar -- checked out the remaining fish.  House looks OK - poor Kara did a good job looking over the house...with the single exception of leaving the hose running into the hot tub for almost a week.  I should have winterized it and she wouldn't have had to play with the leak.  It is cold but no snow in the yard so that is nice.  We went out for a bite to eat and I had a chance to give her some highlights of the trip.  It will take awhile to process the photos. (That is a MAJOR understatement.)   I unpacked my bags and did a few things before going to bed ...quite late for being up so long.

Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: