London - Hope the Plane waits...

Trip Start Jan 09, 2008
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed

Flag of United Kingdom  , England,
Saturday, May 17, 2008

Well a couple of weeks ago we decided to go down to London and as I had to work on Monday and Tuesday we happen to have a hire car for the weekend so we decided to drive around while we didn't have to pay for a car. Ok so our flight left at 6:25am from Edinburgh, we got up and left home at 5:30 as we were already had our boarding passes and we had to just drop off 1 bag to go underneath. We arrived at the long-term car park at 5:45 so still has 45mins to go. Bus didn't arrive to pick up from the car park until 6:00 which mean we got to the airport at 6:05. Katherine and I sprinted to the BA bag drop desk to drop our bag off. We were told that plane was on final call and that the bag couldn't go underneath the aircraft. The 4 of us roared upstairs to security, while we were in the line we quickly put some of our gear in P&M's bags so our bag could squash down. Meaghann's bag was pulled aside to test some hair stuff and she was "you can have it". The guys was "it will only take a couple of minutes". My bag had to be rescanned as I forgot to take the laptop out and I had a liquid which was over 100ml so that had to be chucked out. M&P quickly raced to the gate and told them we were on our way. We quickly raced out of security splitting groups of people in the process and got our passports and boarding passes out. The gate wasn't that far off which was good and as we got to the gate they didn't even want to look at our stuff. It was like we were running a marathon and they were our coaches as the last turn waving us through and tell us to get a move on. We jumped down the stairs and bolted across the tarmac to the aircraft. As soon as we got on the place the doors were closed behind us........We had made it.....JUST! Anyway it was a great flight down and we got breakfast on the plane, yay! Well we got down to Gatwick picked up the car and drove to my mates place where my parents me us with up for 30mins before they flew back to Australia which was nice and we got some goodies which only lasted the weekend.......well it was pointless just bringing back a wee bit of rum so Phill and I had to finish it off on Monday night.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: