Dallas/Plano Day 3

Trip Start Jun 01, 2006
Trip End Jun 05, 2006

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Texas
Saturday, June 3, 2006

Day Three started with breakfast in the Holiday Inn; eggs and cinnamon roll. Then off for the half-hour drive down Route 75 to the cathedral in the Arts District of Dallas.

The 10:00 a.m. ordination ceremony was wonderful. Fr. Tony was ordained along with two Viet Namese men. The Prelude was sung by a choir from a Viet Namese Catholic church. The ceremony itself lasted about two hours. Fr. Tony's smile was unbelievable. I sat in a row reserved for Fr. Tony's guests. A few other seminarians from Theological College sat next to me: Chris from Syracuse, Don from St. Louis, and Patrick from Bridgeport. TC seminarians and alumni participating in the ceremony were: Deacons Tom and Michael from Albany, and Fr. Steve from Albany, Fr. Bob from Bridgeport, and Fr. John from Rochester. The Rev. Msgr. Rossi from the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington also participated. Msgr. Rossi is scheduled to give the homily at Fr. Tony's first mass.

I attempted to take some pictures of the ceremony, but I was too far away. The pictures came out way to dark.

A cookie and punch reception took place in the Cathedral hall following the ceremony. At the reception I caught up with Jackie and her family who drove down for the ordination. I also met up with Fr. O'Brien from TC who took a wrong turn driving to the Cathedral so he did not arrive in time to vest for the ceremony. The reception lasted about one hour.

After the reception, I drove back to the hotel to change out of my black clerics. Then it was off to the Prince of Peace church in Plano for first mass rehearsal. My job is to escort the Knights of Columbus into the church. The church building is quite unique; reminded me of a circus tent. A large oval with wicker chairs. Here is a link to the Prince of Peace website where you can view a picture of the church: Prince of Peace.

The next stop was a post-rehearsal party at the house of friends of Fr. Tony. The hosts put out a delicious spread of assorted pastas, salads, breads, etc. I remained at the party until just after 8:00 p.m. then drove back to the hotel and collapsed on the bed.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: