Aug 09, 2005
Aug 10, 2005
! Ok, back to our take-off-day. I had to get my new license, which to do so I was told all I would need was a copy of the marriage license. Here I go with certificate in hand just to find out that, no, I had to go to the social security office first, change my name, wait at least 24 hours, come back and then get the license...we were already supposed to be on the road 30 minutes ago!! I had to do the S.S. office, but, oh well, license will wait till we get back home!! We leave town with Will driving the Uhaul and Flash (my Bassett Hound) as
co-pilot with me following in my car. Plans were to stop by and see his parents on the way out then load the car. About half way to Salyersville (his home town) he pulls off the road and tells me we're loading the car that his sister is meeting us to trade stuff so we can go on. So, we load up the car, open the windows to give our cat passengers air and head off. After meeting his sister, we were off!! The drive through Kentucky was pretty routine so I neglected to take pictures. To those of you who live outside our beautiful state and have never made this drive, I'm sorry. Taking pictures during this leg of our trip didn't really come to me until I was putting this together.
Well, we finally got on the road. We had planned to leave by 9am. Surprise, surprise, that didn't happen. This trip got off to an interesting start. Let me begin by catching you up on happenings. For those of you who don't know, Will and I started out planning on getting a Uhaul and towing my car. Uhaul online said my car was too heavy so I ended up booking a moving company...big mistake!! They kept putting things off. Telling us, "We'll call back with the pick-up time." We never heard a word. Finally on what ended up being the last day of our honeymoon we called the movers. They hadn't even found us a carrier and the move was to be the next day before noon!! The company then told us that they had a 24 hour window and that even though the pick-up was to be Tuesday before noon that they actually had until Wednesday at midnight to show up. Needless to say we fired the movers, got a refund, cut our honeymoon short and rented a Uhaul. We even ended up being able to tow my car!