Goodbye Japan!

Trip Start Nov 05, 2010
Trip End Jan 16, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed

Flag of Japan  , Kanto,
Wednesday, November 10, 2010

In the previous post there were a lot of photo from Narita, 
Please see those when reading this until I fix it!.
Ok so here is how our last day in Japan went: 
we got up and checked out, left the bags at reception so we could have a wander as the flight was at 20:30, a long way away. 
We wanted some breakfast and got a mc'ds as it was the first thing we saw. I had a lemon chicken burger thing (very weird but very tasty! Less greasy too) and Alex had a chicken burger. 
It was a beautiful warm day. We left and followed the road, into lots of nothing, which is exactly what I was told to expect. But we had nothing to do for the whole day, so we were intent on finding something!
However after about 3 hours of walking in 4 different directions, we decided that if there was nothing at the top of this last hill then we'll just go chill at the hotel of visit the airport's museum. 
We go to the top and there was nothing, doh! But on a hunch I felt there was something different up, so we wondered down one  street and found some sort of park, at the front of which people were playing croquet. A bit further in was some swings, and lots of trees, curiosity took us into the trees and to our surprise there was a shrine.
Impressed that we had found some point of interest we examined a lot and celebrated after expecting a whole lot of finding nothing.To celebrate we went on the swings, layed on a bench, and looked at trees above us. In which there was a spider.Took a picture as it looked different. If someone can ID it and tell me if it could have killed me that would be lovely. :D
We decided to go back to our hotel, failed, took a wrong turn out of a train station (there are two with a break in the middle and we ended up down that bit) followed it as we still had hours to spare. 
Found signs for temples and started to get excited, A short walk past lots of tat shops and fish shops we eventually found a big building that had very elegant design.
We followed it round and it was actually massive, and next to it were several temple bits, past that, more temples, we lit incense, we took loads of photos, entered the biggest temple with the gold statue and spent a moment there. out side it was the massive fountain. down to the left took us to the 3 lakes, where we have a picture of all of the scenery. saw someone painting, amazing! Such a lot of temples and shines in one area.
There was so much to see I cannot write it all down, I will happy go through the photos another time and write it up then, or go through it with anyone whos curious! In the mean time though check out the Narita photos in the previous blog. Theres a picture of a map with everything layed out.
Rested this beautiful place for the remaining hours then the short walk back to the hotel when the time had come.
On our way back, one shop gave us a free shot of honey and lemon alcohol with an 99 icecream we bought, very nice.
Back at the train station before reaching the hotel we found a few drink machines and as this was the last chance, I tried about 4 different random colourful funny looking ones:1) Boss Coffee - which was cold coffee in a can, cold coffee is a Japanese thing can be very tasty!, 2) Some sort of odd beige yogurt yakult flavor type drink3) A can that came out hot with a picture of maple syrup and waffles on the front, that was pretty bizarre tasted somewhat like the picture I imagine too but it wasn't easy to finish the whole tin.4) One with lots of colours on that was like a funny weak lemonade with other twists.
Alex had some Mountain Dew.
There was even a tomato basil drink, but I passed on drinking that, plus i was running out of coins!
Back to the hotel, sat on sofa, contemplated our Japventure.
At 8, we were the only passengers on the bus. Arrived at our terminal, checked in, shopped, saw magic loo for sale (I'm so getting one)
Narita airport is massive, they even have bedrooms you can rent to rest in! On the bus in you see planes for about 10 mins before you even reach the airport! we had to get a train over to a different terminal, then go on many travellators to eventually find our gate.
Our plane was a Qantas one - Scary times.
Got on, plane was not so nice as the BA one, they played the movies Salt and Grown ups. The meals were similar sort of cardboard, though I kept getting more fruit than Alex, strange.
No engine's blew up, flight was otherwise uneventful.
Anyway then we landed :) Oz Adventure Begins!
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: