Beautiful British Columbia ;-)
Trip Start Dec 31, 2010
60Trip End Apr 01, 2011
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
I was actually a little surprised to feel happy about getting back to B.C, but it is after all "home". I must admit I was really starting to miss my family, and our 2 kitties Max and Lulu. They have both assured us that "auntie Cathy" took very good care of them over the last 3 months.
After a really good night's sleep Ross and I headed out this morning to reacquaint ourselves with the city and to do some shopping.A bonus to coming home at this time of year is "It's Spring"!! Yippie!
All the cherry blossoms are in full bloom, and the daffodils are up. Still not quite used to having to wear long pants and a jacket, however next month should warm up a lot!
There is definitely going to be a period of adjustment, coming from 3 months in southern Nicaragua ! We were rudely reminded of such differences when we went grocery shopping this morning,and we were once again inundated with outrageous taxation! Ouch!!!
I think it may take another day or two until the full impact of returning to North America sets in. The good news is......................hopefully in less than a year we will be returning to San Juan for another extended stay!! Until such time I will look back fondly at all the memories we have from our visit this year. I have many,many "Ah Ha" moments that will continue to bring a smile to my face each time I recall that moment in time! Some of them are................and in no particular order, because they are all so special!!
* Park Avenue Villa's: Our "home away from home" for 3 months with Ralph and Renda Hewitt,who are more like family :-) The sunsets on the balcony every night, with great new friends & old
* La Flor Turtle Reserve: I will never forget what it is like to hold a brand new baby turtle in my hand, and then release into the ocean, absolutely outstanding!
* Meeting Heather "Blue" van Doorninck and Jamie Lake, owner's of Rancho Chilamate Horseback Riding Adventures. This is by far the "most exciting" time I had while in SJdS. I went out riding many times during my stay in Nicaragua.Best horses and unbelievable rides to the splendid secluded beaches.You have to ride with these two amazing people! Just do it!!
* World Vet's in SJdS : The 3 days I spent volunteering with this year's team of Vet's was truly life changing for me!! The work these teams of professional's do all over the world for the love of animals is astonishing, and they do it all at their own expense! I met several wonderful new friends during the 3 day spay/neuter clinic,and as a result I hope to travel with the World Vet's in the future :-)
* Ross and I were so lucky to have met so many wonderful people from all over the U.S., Canada, and a few other countries.Far too many to list personally ,but you know who you are.
Lets all keep in touch ! You know where you can find us next year! Same time, same place !!
Until then........................ remember this....................
Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson