Should have stayed in Candidasa!!!

Trip Start Dec 25, 2012
Trip End Jan 01, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Indonesia  , Bali,
Saturday, December 29, 2012

After all the rich eating yesterday I woke feeling nauseated, so I took a stemetil and got up early at 0600 to watch the sun rise and do some Tai Chi. I got Sam up at 0700 as the fishermen were out and he went down and had a chat with them and is now doing his exercises. Darryl and Vick had a sleep in till 0730 and the day ahead is planned for shopping and a meal at Jimbaran Bay at sunset. So we have the morning to relax.  I have booked a double 90 minute massage with hot stones for Sam and I for Sunday at 3pm. The week is flying by as we leave on the 1st and we are already more than half way through it!! Having heaps of fun though, a truly great time is being had by us all.

 Shopping at Nusa Dua was great, we all happy with our choices. It was very humid and the sun was out, so not being in air conditioning or int he water made for a hot day! Vick wanted some t shirts so we got Wayan to drop us at the village in Nusa Dua for some more bargains and from there we got through the traffic jam to Jimbaran Bay. The beach looked good, packed with people and the restaurants were full. Sam  asked Wayan to join us for dinner, which he did. As we were eating a-la-carte, Sam, Vick and I went to choose the food to be cooked. This was an adventure in it self and without thinking I playfully hit the man serving us with my left hand and then apologized for this, which he accepted. We chose a snapper, some prawns, squid and Sam saw mussels and we ordered them in chilli sauce. Darryl had chicken sate and we were set.

We returned to our front row table being minded by Darryl and Wayan, took a few pics before it became too obvious the rain would start, so had to move inside, which is beyond closed glass, with no fan!!  Unbearable just begins to describe how that was and pretty quickly people ate and left, so when the Balinese dancers came around there was hardly anyone to appreciate them. We didn't stay either and paid our bill and left to join the worst traffic jam any of us ( except Wayan, who said this is normal) have ever been in. It took 1.5hrs to travel  7kms, but once through the roadworks and round-about, the traffic just disappeared. Not so for those going to Kuta though, they would have had the traffic all the way"!!
Once back to the peacefulness of our resort, a peppermint tea, listening to the frogs and a shower put everything right again. Of course checking out our purchases also helped!!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: