Going Home

Trip Start Oct 19, 2012
Trip End Oct 26, 2012

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Canada  , Ontario,
Friday, October 26, 2012

Well, like clockwork, I did not get much sleep because I was nervous about oversleeping and missing my flight. Plus, with the hurricane baring down on the States the last thing I wanted to be was stranded.  Although, stranded in Paris would not be all that bad.  I mean there worse places, and if you have even been to Youngstown Ohio you know exactly what I mean.   So at 6:30 AM I got up and hit the road to the nearest Metro so that I could connect to the RER back to Charles DeGaulle. As per usual I caught the wrong train to get to the RER.  I seem to always read the signs backwards in unfamiliar cities.   Somehow I got to the Metro and managed to get on the wrong platform which was heading in the wrong direction. Once I figured that out I had to hop off at the next stop and catch the train going in the other direction. Once I got going in the right direction I knew it was going to be smooth sailing. I then caught the RER and got to Charles DeGaulle with plenty of time. I have yet to miss a flight.

Once on board the plane I was getting ready to hunker down for a nice long eight hour flight when this lady next to me begged to have her son sit next to the window. What was I going to do say? No. I mean, it was more than obvious the kid was going to have more fun sitting at the window then I ever would. It was a no brainer. The lady was so trilled and I was like, "It no big deal. By the looks of things he would have a much better time than I would." I literally made that lady and her kid's day. I have never seen someone take so many pictures out the window of a plane. He was like a fourteen year old "Wang from Caddyshack" I mean this kid would have taken pictures of a parking lot if was in sight of the plane.

Once in Toronto I did not have much to do so I hunkered down at the bar and tried to figure out what I have been missing since I fell off the grid more than a week ago.  My first order of business was to find out who was in the World Series.  I was dumbfounded to see the Giants in the World Series.  The last I heard they were losing to the Cards 3 games to 1.  I struck up a conversation with the guy next to me and we discussed the Cards.  He stated, "yeah it’s a miracle they made it that far after how they beat the Nats in game five."  I looked at that guy and said, “Yeah you ain’t kidding.  I was at that game.  It was like the Super Bowl meets the Preakness Stakes until well the ninth inning.  I never saw such a shocked and glum group of people leave a stadium.”  He shook his head in real disbelief and said, “Yeah I’m a Philly fan and have seen my share of meltdowns.”  The minute he said he was a Philly fan I wanted to punch him the face.  But no no we would not want to stoop to Philly fan behavior.  So I put my hands in my pockets and hoped for the best. 

An hour or so of talking to a Philly fan is enough to make anyone want to hang themselves.  Luckily for me I was out of there in a half hour.   An hour later I would be in DC where I will be able to spend some days sleeping in my own bed! 

I beat the storm and had multiple days of rest!  Thank you Sandy!  All in all, good vacation.
Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: