Home, Updated Blog WITH PICTURES, & A Few Thoughts
Trip Start Apr 02, 2011
46Trip End Sep 29, 2011
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
Home and unpacked and started thinking about the entire trip. I HAVE NOW DOWNLOADED PICTURES FROM THIS TRIP, SO CHECK THEM OUT!
During this trip, I:
- Drove more than 3700 miles
- Traveled in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ontario, New York, New Jersey, Conneticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington DC, West Virginia and Ohio (as far as I can tell).
- Visited 9 ballparks (three on my first trip)
- Visited some great eating and drinking establishments
- Renewed friendships in New York City, Boston, Pittsburgh and Ohio
- Met a lot of new friends like the folks in Toronto and the ones in Baltimore
- Best ballpark so far...tough one...many great ones out there including Cincy, Cleveland, Detroit, Mets, Boston, Phil and Pittsburgh, but strangely, I think I liked Camden Yards the best...almost 20 years old and still beautiful.
- Least favorite ballpark - Easy, Toronto (It's a stadium, not a ballpark)
- Best hotel - Besides the Elegant Simons Mansion, the Lovely Cotter Estate, the Beautfiul Remmers Manor or the Exquisite Lee Chateau, I would say the Holiday Inn across from Citi Field in NYC (Brooklyn), although the Hampton in Philly was nice too.
- Least Favroite Hotel - Days Inn Toronto
- Memories? Lots, but these three come to mind first...the trilogy of seeing Ground Zero, the demise of Usama Bin Ladin and the crowd chanting U-S-A, and my visit to the United Flight 93 Memorial, all in a two-week period of time. Very compelling!