First Real Day of Touring was a Good One
Trip Start Dec 18, 2010
20Trip End Jan 04, 2011
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
* First stop the ruins at the seaport of Ceseria - Built by Harrod the Great as the Roman Capital of ancient Israel (Some great pictures I'll eventually download.)
* Port city of Haifa and Mt. Carmel to the Bahai World Center and Gardens - beautiful
* Then the Carmelite Monestary and Elija's Cave.
* The Horns of Carmel where Elijah fought the false profits.
* Lunch was at a friend of Ul's house and cafe. Great food, and even better conversation with a religious group called the Druss. Great to hear of their reincarnation beliefs and their willingness to marry only within their own faith.
The afternoon included a visit to Megiddo, site of 26 different cities built on top of one another when the old was was conquered. It's where we get our modern word from Revelation,Armageddon. On to Tiberius on the Sea (we're told it's really a lake) of Gallilee where we'll be for two days. Again, found an internet cafe and started blogging. Weather is fantastic unusaully warm (they say) 72 degrees and beautiful sunshine. Hope it continues. More tomorrow...and hopefully some pictures...if I can only figure them out!