Day 1 a Guinness adventure

Trip Start Jun 18, 2013
Trip End Jun 25, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Ireland  , County Dublin,
Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Up at 2.30 am don't know why we bothered going to sleep!  Day started ok dropped off the car at 4am without incident and got the courtesy coach to Birmingham International.  Checked in and had breakfast at 5.30 then we saw the plane!!!!  Not quite what we were expecting - it was tiny so tiny it couldn't reach the boarding gate it had six little stairs to get to the door and the wings were on top with propellers - very cute but didn't instill much confidence.  Extremely noisy and very bumpy but despite that it was a good flight and we arrived in Dublin on time at 8.20am.

Saw Airforce 1 parked on the runway - obviously Michelle was too important to drive the couple of hours from Belfast and took husband's ride instead!!

Picked up the car - had a bit of trouble finding it, lots of cars in the car park and very little in the way of signposts.  Drove into Dublin to the Guinness Storehouse Museum, had a wander round accidentally going into the mini tasting bar twice ooops so first Guinness was 11am followed by a full pint (Dawn) at 11.30am.  Not bad start to the holiday.

Drove to the hotel car park to find it wasn't but it was close enough so we left the car there.  On deciding to go check in we realised we didn't actually have the hotel's address - minor detail - but could prove testing as we then discovered on asking directions that there were Two Arlington hotels in Dublin - luckily we guessed the correct one. We were looking around obviously projecting an image of two dumb females when a lovely male came to our rescue and escorted us to our hotel door.

After a meal at the Hard Rock Cafe, we spent the evening enjoying the hospitality of the Irish bars. The Auld Dubliner was first where we enjoyed live music and people dancing around the bar. We gave the Temple Bar a miss because it was very busy and no music so we went to the Old Storehouse and then back to the hotel where they had a great Irish three piece band playing. Such a shame they finished after 10minutes of us getting there. We finally rolled into bed at 11pm after a very long but enjoyable day.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


John McD on

Ahh the cool Guiness, best followed by another. Cheers John McD

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: