Trip Start Jun 15, 2009
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Residencial Tres Soles

Flag of Chile  ,
Monday, August 3, 2009

Ok lets start of with the so called bus journey, it was a disaster. The first 10 hr bus journey.
- seats beside the toilets
- no tissue in the toilets
- children sitting in front of us got sick everywhere
- no food.
Only for the amazing views going through the Andes I think we would of cracked up!  The
scenery would be hard to describe  even the pictures we took did not do it justice even
though they are spectacular.

When you think it couldnīt get any worse , we had went through emigration and they had went through our bags etc I decided to go to the toilet and where did my mind tell me to go only to the "the goverment office toilets"  I heard a knock on the door and I answered saying 2 minutes then
the knock was getting louder and louder and i thought oh god there is something wrong I hadnīt even got fully dressed when i opened the door and there were soilders with guns shouting at
me to "GET OUT" "GET OUT" oh my god did i get dressed quickly and RAN! out of there ha. I jumped on the bus and was delighted to get out of there.

Arriving in Calama - Our Connection - 2nd 10 hr jouney

We Arrived in Calama happy to have a 2 hour break before the next journey yet this was not the case. First we realised that in Chile they were a further hour behind so it turned our 2 hour delay into 3 hours. This was not a major shock as we were told that there would be a place to exchange our money at the bus stop and planned on having something to eat and use the internet etc to pass time. We soon realised the exchange office was SHUT!! so we had no money/food and GUESS WHAT the worse was yet to come. You had to PAY to go to the toilet so that was a NO NO  for us also. 

I could not wait to get on the bus when it arrived to go to the toilet and when I did it had yet
- no running water
- no tissue
- seats on the heater which made it impossible to sleep
- no food

Arrived in Arica at 6.30 or so and our hostel was across the road which we were delighted
about but we got no answer when we tried so we had to go back to the bus terminal for an hour or so and try again . We eventually got into the hostel at about 7.30 and went straight to bed.
END OF!!!  It hurts me to talk about it, worst 24 hours of our trip so far. Actually the only bad part.

2 days later we went over the border to Tacna - Peru without any hitch.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: