Angkor Wat - The Long Route
Trip Start Mar 03, 2010
33Trip End May 02, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
I write the following from my notes at the time. If you're interested in learning more, clickety click on google my friends...I failed to actually note what temples I visited. I suck.
* "Brick work is fantastic! So detailed and intricate"
* "Some cunts have stolen all original gems that were placed in the walls, leaving behind round holes everywhere - proper Tomb Raiders"
* "Entrances on the Hindu get smaller towards the central point so people would have to gradually "bow" to the King
* "Had a fantastic diner at a small stall. Got talking to the owner - same age as me but with with 5 kids. Talked of the hardships of living here, even in a busy tourist area. Group tours dont dare stop to eat at a stall - they go back to hotels. Most other people dont make it past Angkor Wat itself. She said if she made $5 a day, then that was good"
* "It's really cut throat business - everyone will shout out at you to buy their water or food. I think it puts most people right off going to their stalls".