Rainforests, Chinese borders, Opium and eating Rat
Trip Start Mar 03, 2010
33Trip End May 02, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
* Green rain forest, peaceful rivers, various wildlife
* Hill-tribe villages where the children ran alongside the Scooter, and the adults all waved and greeted me. Some dressed in traditional clothing, others in shorts and tee shirt. Such a contrast.
* One village where Children wanted to sell me some dead Rats - to eat.
* In Muang Sing, I was offered Opium by some elderly Tribal villages, whilst my companion was offered jewelery and trinkets
* Huge Butterflies everywhere.
* Fresh Watermelon for a penny.
* Seeing how fast the Scooter would go....then almost running out of fuel before I could find a Petrol pump! (80km/h by the way. Not fast).