Day 9: Back to the UK, via Singapore

Trip Start May 14, 2009
Trip End May 24, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Singapore Changi Airport Transit Lounge again

Flag of Singapore  ,
Saturday, May 23, 2009

So today I set off back to the UK, to gloomy weather, gloomy people and more gloomy prospects.  On the way though I would have an eight hour stopover in Singapore, so things weren't all that bad.

I got a lift off Mr Yium Yium again, as he was taking the rest of my family someplace else.  It was nice to see my Parents realising it's really not hard to do something slightly independent and doing something other than sitting by a pool.  Nice work.

I arrived in Singapore just after 3.30pm, and just missed the free tour they offer to people who are in transit for more than 5 hours.  Although I've been to Singapore three times before and knew it pretty well, I wanted to get the free tour as a) It saved me money that I didn't have b) would show me more of the touristy places that myself and Helen missed out on last time. 

It wouldn't be a problem though, I could easily get on the tube and go to Little India and get some yummy tuck then nip back in time for the flight.

Sadly the weather decided not to let me do this.  I outside and within seconds it decides to have a torrential downpour.  Normally it doesn't bother me.  However, I was dressed in shorts, t-shirt and flip flops.  I had my nice camera with me, without it's bag.  My rucksack doesn't offer any protection from water. 

I decide to wait it out.  There are enough things to do in Singapore Airport, regardless of if you're in the transit area or public area.  It got dark, still raining.

I decide to knock it on the head, slightly regretting bottling it, and go and watch the F1 qualifying back in the transit area.  Eventually I mooch around for a few hours, play some more Xbox360. I also came second on the Singapore F1 Race simulators they had, just missing out on the lead by 1.6 seconds.  I won a few goodies though, which isn't bad at all for a free competition.  Was really tough though - Gran Tourismo it wasn't.

Flight home was more busy than the one on the way out, but I had a nice enough neighbour, and I cracked on with all the films I missed out on before.  14 hours later, I'm sitting in Heathrow Terminal 3 waiting for Helen.

Desperate not to let the travel momentum stop, myself and Helen haggle together a very brief idea - an UK tour, on a Whim....

Which will be coming to you soon....
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: