Trip Start Dec 29, 2010
Trip End Apr 16, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Puerto Rico  ,
Friday, February 25, 2011

Feb 24 We slept in this morning.  Flights arrive at Aguadilla Airport at 3 a.m. and a group of 4 very loud women arrived here at 3:30 a.m.  They didn't even try to be quiet.  This went on for at least an hour.  We let it go, you know, first night here, warm weather, the start of a holiday. 

We drove to Rincon through the back roads, it is a much nicer ride than on highway 2.  This was an unexpected trip, we were going to just go to Crash Boat.  We had a look at the beaches and the surfers.  We decided to move on and headed for Aguada and the little sea glass beach we found.  We walked down the beach, came back to the car for lunch and then walked up the beach.  We found a couple of spots where we could get to the edge when the water went out, quickly look and pick up the sea glass before the next wave game in.  This was great fun and I am sure we did this for over an hour or so.  My pocket was getting so full my shorts were slipping down, the other pocket held the camera, so it was time to head home.  The water is so warm, and so enjoyable and so very different from the bitter cold water at West Hawk Lake, back in Manitoba.

We were heading out for a walk and met Ariana.  She talked about how great the whale watching has been.  We asked where she was watching them, and she said just from her front porch.  She suggested we go to the wall by Surfers beach.  We went by the cliff of Surfers beach, but ended up at Wilderness Beach where Len seen a spout from a whale and we saw the most perfect sunset.   Incredible ending for a great day!

Feb 25 – Well, the young women were true to form at being noisy, went out at midnight and came in when the bars closed and continued to be noisy.  We did ask at the office when they would be leaving, but before we got an answer, she took a phone call.

We went for a walk this morning over to the stone wall which runs behind the Faro Conference Centre, it used to be the Officer’s Mess when this was a base.   We are looking out over the ocean to see any signs of a whale and YES, we both see the spout at the same time. 

We went to a small beach where the divers go out from and Len went for a snorkel while I sat and read, watched for whales and talked with 2 divers coming out.  They said they didn’t see much as it was quite murky with the big waves earlier this week.  Len was out just under an hour, he did see some fish and a turtle, but he didn’t want much to do with Len. 

We did some grocery shopping and went to bed early
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: